Call : 0141 370 7050    Login


Information for tenants

Ross Sales & Lettings are here to help you find the property you want and hope you find a suitable property from our extensive Portfolio as and when Properties become available. Please note that we are full members of the Scottish Association of Landlords and The Council Of Letting Agents. All our staff are fully trained and have years of experience in all matters relating to Property Management so you can be assured of a safe and enjoyable tenancy with us.

Applying for a lease

This is a simple process. Simply contact a member of our team and we will start your application process. Please note that by applying for a lease you give us authority to carry out a credit check in your name using a credit referencing agency. Please click on this link to start the application process.

  Apply for a property here     


We are fully compliant with the tenancy deposit scheme in Scotland. To safeguard your deposit money, it will be lodged with Safe Deposit Scotland.

Property Inspections

These will be carried out every 3 to 6 months of your tenancy. Should you need to reschedule your inspection please contact our office by e-mail at

Report a maintenance issue

If your tenancy is managed by us, please select the button below. We treat all maintenance issues seriously no matter how small however please check your tenancy as you may be liable for certain repairs to the property. We anticipate to respond to your request within 3 working days however if you need to contact us urgently the best method is to report an issue via the website, this will be sent to a contractor straight away.

If you are phoning us out with office hours, call 0141 370 7050, press option 2, please leave a message stating your name, contact number, property address and brief details of the maintenance issue and someone from our office will call you back as soon as we reopen. This option should only be used if you are unable to report the issue through our website, ALL EMERGENCY ISSUES SHOULD BE REPORTED VIA THE WEBSITE.

  Report maintenance issues here     

Out of office hours maintenance issue

Should you be wanting to report an EMERGENCY REPAIR REQUEST out-with office hours please report it by clicking on the "Report a Maintenance Issue" link at the end of this page. You can also call the office on 0141 370 7050 and press option 2, leave a message and someone will get back to you within 24 hours. All issues reported via the website will be dealt with more quickly.

Useful information

Gas Emergency

If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free "Gas Emergency Services 24 hour" emergency line immediately on 0800 111 999.

Also: Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property. Do not turn on/off any electrical switches & extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition. If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually.

Please do not ignore an alarm sounding from any Carbon Monoxide alarm installed at the property.

Blocked sink, bath or shower

Blockages must be first attended to by the tenant by using a strong drain cleaner and/or plunger. If this does not fix the problem, please contact our office. If it is found that recent debris i.e. foodstuffs or hygiene items are the cause, you may be charged for this call out.

Burst pipe/plumbing issue that is damaging property below

Check no water is running (i.e. bath/shower/taps) and all appliances are switched off. Locate the stop cock (usually located under sink or by utility meters) and turn off any water supply.

Contact our office on 0141 370 7050 to report this issue. We also require this to be reported via the maintenance link.

N.B In an emergency a plumber will merely turn off water at the mains they will not source the problem.

Burst pipe/plumbing issue in the flat above that is damaging your property

Inform the upstairs neighbour and ask that they arrange for a plumber to attend as soon as possible, as the leak is likely to be coming from their property. If you cannot make contact with the neighbour and the water ingress is becoming excessive contact our office in the first instance and if we are closed contact Environmental Health who will send police to break into the property and turn off the water. THIS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE IN AN ABSOLUTE EMERGENCY.

You MUST report any leaks to our office so we can arrange for an inspection of any damage.

N.B In an emergency a plumber will merely turn off water at the mains and they will not source the problem.

Noisy Boiler or radiators that are not heating up or that have cold patches

The radiator may need to be bled. Purchase a radiator key from a hardware shop and bleed the radiator- insert key to top end of radiator on triangular knob and turn slightly holding a cloth underneath- this will allow air to be released – STOP WHEN WATER BEGINS TO DRIP.

Gas fired boiler is not working/pilot light has gone out

Check that the gas supply is still working, are there still available funds on the pre-payment meter?

Please check the boiler on the inside panel as most boilers have instructions on how to reignite the pilot.

In most occasions you will have to press the reset button, keep this pressed for 10 seconds and the flame/ignition light should stay on. If this does not fix the problem, please contact our office.

White Meter Heating Issues

White Meter Heating runs at Off Peak times. It is pre-set to activate between 11pm and Midnight and de-activates at approximately 7 or 8 am.

  1. Switch on fuse switch in kitchen or at boiler (the light will not come on until it is activated at off-peak time) leave switched on at all times.
  2. Switch on storage heaters individually at fuse points on wall.
  3. Each storage heater will have two controls, Input and Output or Damper controls

Input - amount of heat you want to store
Output - amount of heat you want to release

The heat is stored in the heater and can be released quickly or slowly. E.g. If output is left at setting 3 overnight the room should be warm in the morning.

We would suggest that it is left at this setting during the day when you are out. In the evening switch up to a higher setting to release more heat when you are in the property. You should remember to put the setting back to 3 before going to bed.

If you wish any extra hot water, then switch the Boost switch on the panel, usually located in the kitchen.

Lights/Power has stopped working

Check that there are still available funds on the pre-payment meter. Check the consumer unit/fuse box in case a trip switch has tripped. If all switches are in the "On" position then we suggest that you check in case there is a power cut in your area by contacting "SP Energy" on 0800 092 9290 or checking online at Should you require further assistance please contact our office.

Mice in the property

Mice can be a common problem within properties particular in older tenement blocks. Try and find out where they are accessing the property and block up the access point. Purchase some mice poison or traps and make sure that you keep your property clean and tidy.

Maintenance Issue Reporting

Please click on this link below to report ALL maintenance issues

  Report maintenance issues here